HIRING TECHNICIANS NOW!
March 2, 2019 by Richard Farrell Jr | News
Malachy Parts & Service is the LEADER in NJ in Food Equipment Service, Maintenance & Installations. We are a CERTIFIED CFESA COMPANY!
**SEND YOUR RESUME!**
The Technician provides customer service in the field in order to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair commercial cooking, refrigeration, and/or HVAC equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below)
• Properly troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs commercial cooking, refrigeration, and/or HVAC equipment.
• Provides highest level of service to the customer and professionally communicates the service needed to customers.
• Defines service problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions about the work needing to be performed.
• Legibly completes paperwork for all services performed on behalf of the customer.
• Consults with the Parts Department to get parts ordered and the Service Department to get follow up calls scheduled.
• Communicates with manufacturers as needed to help with diagnosing problems with equipment.
• Installs all parts ordered for the customer in a timely and professional manner.
• Follows safe work practices and accident prevention procedures.
• Maintains a neat and orderly truck, along with accurate part and tool inventory.
• Maintains productivity levels in accordance with company standards.
• Provides technical support for our staff and other technicians.
• Consults with manufacturers, sales reps, dealers, and customers.
• Promotes and recommends other services provided by the Company to customers.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
• Non-supervisory position.
• Reports to the Service Manager or Branch Manager.
• Makes decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization.
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
• Moderate to heavy lifting and carrying (up to 75 pounds)
• Requires walking, standing, driving, sitting, squatting, kneeling, reaching overhead, bending, twisting, and turning for the better part of 8 hours
• Must be able to use hands for fine manipulation of hand tools
• High School diploma or GED
• Refrigeration technicians must be EPA certified
• Must have a valid driver’s license from the state in which applicant is applying and must be insurable by our auto insurance company
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
• Two (2) years of education and/or experience in food service equipment repair, or in a related area.
• Background experience in gas, electric, plumbing, and/or steam repairs a plus
• Must be highly safety conscious
• Excellent organizational skills, must be motivated, a self-starter, and able to follow through on duties and assignments with minimal supervision