Quick Contact Request
Please fill in information below and we will be in touch shortly.
Commercial Food Equipment & Refrigeration / HVAC
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technician provides customer service in the field in order to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair commercial cooking, refrigeration, dishwashing and/or HVAC equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the functions listed below)
- Properly troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs commercial cooking, refrigeration, dishwashing and/or HVAC equipment.
- Provides highest level of Care to the customer and professionally communicates the service needed to customers.
- Defines service problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions about the work needing to be performed.
- Legibly completes paperwork for all services performed on behalf of the customer.
- Consults with the Parts Department to get parts ordered and the Service Department to get follow up calls scheduled.
- Consults with the Equipment Sales manager for all replacement equipment needed.
- Communicates with manufacturers as needed to help with diagnosing problems with equipment.
- Installs all parts ordered for the customer in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains a neat and orderly truck, along with accurate part and tool inventory.
- Provides technical support for our staff and other technicians.
- Consults with manufacturers, sales reps, dealers, and customers.
- Promotes and recommends other services provided by the Company to customers.
“We are not saving lives but we are saving Livelihoods. Our jobs are very important to many including hospitals serving patients. Our care team technicians are helping people daily.” – Rich Malachy
- High School diploma or GED
- Refrigeration technicians must be EPA certified
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the state in which applicant is applying and must be insurable by our auto insurance company
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Two (2) years of education and/or experience in food service equipment repair, or in a related area.
- Background experience in gas, electric, plumbing, and/or steam repairs a plus
- Must be highly safety conscious
- Excellent organizational skills, must be motivated, a self-starter, and able to follow through on duties and assignments with minimal supervision
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Moderate to heavy lifting and carrying (up to 75 pounds)
- Requires walking, standing, driving, sitting, squatting, kneeling, reaching overhead, bending, twisting, and turning for the better part of 8 hours
- Must be able to use hands for fine manipulation of hand tools
If you’re looking for an employer who is an industry leader that has been in the business for over 30 years, then look no further.
Founded in 1987, Malachy Parts & Service distributes parts and provides service for over 10,000 active customers and 200 manufacturers of commercial foodservice equipment. Corporate headquartered in Bayonne, NJ, we provide service coverage in all or parts of NJ along with Staten Island NY and Rockland County NY.
Malachy Parts & Service offers a competitive benefit package that includes 401(k)+ Employer Match up to 4%, Platinum Medical Plan that we pay 80% of, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Plenty of Overtime, Double Time on Sundays & Holidays, Tool Allowance, Company Supplied Uniforms, $200 allotment for boots & pants and Company Supplied Service Vehicle, Tablet, Gas Card, EZ Pass and Smart Phone.
“We give more to our employees than any other company around because we know people are the main ingredient to our success. I’ll make sure our people are always cared for here, so they can take care of their families and our customers.” – Rich Malachy
Malachy Parts & Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer